Also known as Furry Feather or Velvet Calathea, this tall plant has tiny hairs that cover its waxy leaves and stems and give the plant a soft, velvety feel. A gorgeous Calathea variety with red stems and deep blue-green, elongated leaves with a dark purple underside.
Fancy a lovely pot to put this beauty in? Here is our collection of pots which fit 17cm to 23cm nursery pots.
Nursery pot size: 17cm
Height (approx.): 50cm
- Natural habitat: The jungles of the Amazon in South America, where they live beneath dense vegetation.
- Light: Thrives in medium to bright indirect light but will tolerate low indirect light. Direct sun will cause the leaves to fade over time.
- Watering: Ideally keep the soil moist (but not soggy). Do not allow to sit in water. Calatheas prefer distilled water – fussy or what? Leaving a jug or bucket of tap water out for 24 hours before watering should help.
- Temperature: Prefers warm rooms - does not like cold spaces or draughts.
- Pets: Not troublesome to pets.
Note: All our plants are unique, the plant you receive might not be identical to the one photographed but we're sure you're going to love it either way!
*Price is for plant in nursery pot only, does not include decorative pot.
Calathea rufibarba - Furry Feather Plant
SENDING AS A GIFT
We think houseplants make perfect gifts and we love hand writing your special messages in one of our hand-stamped gift cards. We do this at no extra charge. Please ensure to include your message before adding your lovely houseplant gift to basket.
We do deliveries on Wednesdays and Saturdays (please select from the drop down menu at the checkout) but if you need your gift to be delivered on a day other than Wednesday or Saturday, please get in touch and we'll see what we can do!