ZZ plants, also known as Zanzibar gems, are low-maintenance houseplants characterized by their shiny, wide, oval-shaped leaves that shoot upward. The spotless leaves are waxy and so deep green that sometimes these plants are mistaken as artificial.
These plants are probably one of the easiest low maintenance plants you can have so they are IDEAL for new plant parents or to give as a gift. Neglect is recommended!
Nursery pot size: 14cm
Height (approx.): 45cm.
- Natural habitat: Tropical regions of Zanzibar and Tanzania.
- Light: Will accommodate a broad spectrum of light conditions including low-light, however deep shade must be avoided if you want it to grow. Too much direct sunlight is not advised, but a few hours a day is okay.
- Watering: The ZZ plant needs very little water, they have large rhizomes, which are fleshy plant structures made up of modified, swollen stems beneath the soil. These hold lots of water and therefore extra watering is not required often, especially in winter. Water when soil has dried out. Every few weeks during the warmer months and less frequently in winter.
- Temperature: Prefers warm rooms - does not like cold spaces or draughts.
- Pets: Toxic to pets, keep out of reach.
Note: All our plants are unique, the plant you receive might not be identical to the one photographed but we're sure you're going to love it either way!
*Price is for plant in nursery pot only, does not include decorative pot.
Zamioculcas zamiifolia - ZZ Plant
SENDING AS A GIFT
We can only deliver to Isle of Man addresses. Any orders placed for delivery off island will be cancelled and refunded.
We offer local doorstep deliveries island wide.
Worried about not being in? No need, we're happy to leave your plant in a safe place. In the shed, under the red bin, with a neighbour, wherever suits you! Just leave us a note at the checkout.
We make deliveries every Wednesday and Saturday, your preferred day can be selected in the drop-down menu at the checkout. If neither of these work for you, get in touch and we'll see if can arrange something. Likewise, if you would like a plant to be delivered as a gift on a day other than Wednesday or Saturday, please get in touch and we'll see what we can do!