Calathea ‘Beauty Star’ is a stunning calathea with wonderfully unique leaves. The base colour of the leaf is a dark green, but it is interspersed with light green and silvery pink lines that follow the veins of the leaf and create a feather-like pattern. The undersides of the leaves are an attractive dark red.
- Nursery pot size: 12cm
- Height (approx.): 35cm
Fancy a lovely pot to put this beauty in? Here is our collection of pots which fit 12cm - 16cm nursery pots.
Sending as a gift? Pimp your plant gift by adding one of our beautiful botanical greeting cards, made by us in collaboration with local artist extraordinaire, Kate Summerville.
- Natural habitat: The jungles of the Amazon in South America, where they live beneath dense vegetation.
- Light: Thrives in medium to bright indirect light but will tolerate low indirect light. Direct sun will cause the leaves to fade over time.
- Watering: Ideally keep the soil moist (but not soggy). Do not allow to sit in water. Calatheas prefer rain water – fussy or what? Leaving a jug or bucket of tap water out for 24 hours before watering should help if you don't have rain water to hand.
- Humidity: Loves a humid environment. Keep on top of a water filled pebble tray if not keeping in a humid room like a bathroom or kitchen.
- Temperature: Prefers warm rooms - does not like cold spaces or draughts.
- Pets: Not troublesome to pets.
Note: All our plants are unique, the plant you receive might not be identical to the one photographed but we're sure you're going to love it either way!
*Price is for plant in nursery pot only, does not include decorative pot.
Calathea Beauty Star
SENDING AS A GIFT
We can only deliver to Isle of Man addresses. Any orders placed for delivery off island will be cancelled and refunded.
We offer local doorstep deliveries island wide.
Worried about not being in? No need, we're happy to leave your plant in a safe place. In the shed, under the red bin, with a neighbour, wherever suits you! Just leave us a note at the checkout.
We make deliveries every Wednesday and Saturday, your preferred day can be selected in the drop-down menu at the checkout. If neither of these work for you, get in touch and we'll see if can arrange something. Likewise, if you would like a plant to be delivered as a gift on a day other than Wednesday or Saturday, please get in touch and we'll see what we can do!